Friday, March 7, 2014

Create Challenge

The current card challenge on the Create blog is all about wood veneers. This is one trend I hope never goes away. I love these little pieces of wood. I really want to expand my collection but don't like paying regular price so I keep checking places like Tuesday Morning and Marshall's for them. Yes, I am still kicking myself for not getting them at Christmas when they were there.
Supplies: pattern paper (Fancy Pants Designs), diecuts Fancy Pants Designs and Basic Grey), mask (The Crafters Workshop), mist (Heidi Swapp), wood veneer (Studio Calico) pearls (Eyelet Outlet) and doily (Doodlebug Design).
When it was making this card I realized that it was starting to look a little too much like a Valentine card. I ended up adding the navy blue banner diecut to change the direction of it.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mandi! I love that you added the blue. It definitely did change the mood of the card!

    ReplyDelete